Hi!

My name is Peep, and I love to travel. Follow me on my adventures!

Saturday 6 September 2014

Belgrade

A quick stop on the way to Istanbul - Belgrade!

Sleeper train from Budapest, and a compartment all to myself
A brief rest, before I began exploring again

I started with St. Sava's - the largest Orthodox Church in the world
In the rain, of course

Then I moved up to the fortress, hoping for some sort of a view through the drizzle


I wandered the meandering paths

Exploring the castle a little
 Even finding....another castle? A castle within a castle
Before at last I spotted a likely viewpoint
I climbed up
And reached the top
The view was beautiful

But I was a little tired of the constant rain - time to head somewhere hopefully less damp


















No comments:

Post a Comment