Hi!

My name is Peep, and I love to travel. Follow me on my adventures!

Wednesday 10 September 2014

Sofia

I took the night train to Sofia - it was cramped, but I enjoyed chatting with my fellow travellers

And by morning, I was in Sofia

Look - I found a friendly lion!

An Orthodox church

And nearby, a mosque

A very brief visit to the mineral baths - no, I did not bathe in the waters of eternal youth

These buildings used to be the center of power - now they hold only offices and shopping malls

Below the streets - a whole other world, slowly coming back to life


A relic of days long gone, surrounded by modern office buildings (and one hotel)


What was once the home of the royal family is now an art museum

I visit the grand theater, before I move to the final stop on my tour

The famous Alexander Nevsky Cathedral















No comments:

Post a Comment