Hi!

My name is Peep, and I love to travel. Follow me on my adventures!

Friday 10 October 2014

Rhodes

Today I visited Rhodes


It was an unpleasant journey - why do all these islands have to be surrounded by water?


But the Old Town was magnificent enough to make up for the journey - I've never seen anywhere like it

I wandered the streets for a while


I took a moment to rest - it was a very hot day

Before I visited the Palace

Which was even more impressive than the rest of the town - and that's saying something!

I ventured inside to explore

It was like stepping back in time


One final stop at the harbor, to see where the Colossus of Rhodes had once stood

Desperately seeking shelter from the relentless sunshine

I quickly visited the lighthouse

Before it was time to move on to my next destination

No comments:

Post a Comment